Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Support Officer/Lead
You will act as the Country IT-specialist providing IT support to local operations on the full Digital Platforms portfolio (Applications, Devices, Networks, Contact Centers, Identity). Ensures users are unblocked from IT issues and new requests are processed with the SLA agreed, coordinates activities with other in-country IT team members and domain specialists at Group level. On boards new users and administers services for use within the Country Organization. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Provide first line support for all IT/DP services and applications (Surge, G Suite, devices, network etc.)
- Assessment and proper routing of in-country tickets
- User onboarding and offboarding
- IT administrative changes like account creation
- Maintains the inventory of IT assets (MDM) and software licenses
- Maintain the in-country IT knowledge base and FAQ
- Maintain, prepare, troubleshoot and repair IT devices like PC’s, phones, network equipment and local servers
- Ensure Global IT policy adherence within the Counrty Organization
- Monitors network performance and traffic/use
- Provide local support with the roll-out of new applications, services and hardware
- Active engagement with DP team meetings
- Bsc. in Computer Science or related field
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in a similar work environment and/or position
- IT service management, understanding of ITIL and Lean/IT concepts, terms and processes
- Foundational knowledge of productivity application like G Suite, MS-Office, etc.
- Basic BI skills to produce reports based on small data sets
- Solid understanding of IT security concepts and standards
- Foundational knowledge of IP and ethernet/WiFi based networks
- Foundational knowledge of hardware and associated user computing environments (Android, MS Windows10, MacOS)
- Excellent listening and writing skills in both English as local language
- The ability to work well in a team setting and to prioritize workload
- IT problem solving skills, breaks down concrete problems into parts and organizes information in a concise manner
- Customer focused, understands customers and takes a proactive approach to meeting their needs in an effective and timely manner.
- Identifies opportunities to improve customer service and satisfaction
- Makes use of specialized knowledge to assist users in resolving problems.
- Uses `non-technical’ language skillfully to ensure effective communication with customers from all levels of understanding.
- Recognizes the facts and components that make up a problem or issue.
- Discrete, able to handle confidential information
Application Closing Date
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page